By utilizing VoIP call center solutions, enabling the mobile workforce is easier than ever. In many recent studies, it has been found that call centers prefer remote workers to full-time, in-house agents. Call centers that have already made the switch to remote workers have found many advantages in doing so, driving others to follow this trend as well. The following key benefits are the top 5 reasons call centers have decided to implement remote workers within their workforce.
- Cost Savings: First and foremost, businesses are finding that remote workers greatly reduce costs. No longer is it necessary to spend large sums of money on brick-and-mortar call centers and the utilities associated with such.
- Increased Productivity: In one recent study, it was found that virtual centers and remotes agents proved to be 30-40% more effective than in-house agents. There are a few of reasons behind this, including agents working in the manner that suits them best and better utilization of time.
- Greater Employee Satisfaction: Employees who are able to work from home, or in a comfortable environment, are frequently more satisfied than those who work in a brick-and-mortar environment, due to them being able to work in the manner that they see fit.
- Lower Employee Turn-Over: As a direct correlation to higher employee satisfaction, call centers with remote workers have found that employee turn-over is also lower than in traditional in-office settings.
- Larger Talent Pool: When location and proximity are no longer factors in employee hiring, the potential new-hire talent pool grows. No longer are call centers unable to hire an employee because they don’t have the means to commute to work every day, or are located too far away from the office.
With VoIP call center software such as call recording and enhanced routing, remote workers can be utilized by businesses just starting out, or those who already have an established brick-and-mortar center.