As the face of your company, contact centers are critical to the success and sales of your business. Unhappy customers can make a business fail faster than most other blunders, especially if there are a lot of those unhappy customers.
If your contact center agents strive to meet the following expectations on a regular basis, customer satisfaction, and in turn sales, can increase dramatically.
Contact Center Expectations To Meet:
- Less is more in terms of automation. The interactive voice response that is connected to your contact center should be intuitive, user friendly, and direct the caller to the right person the first time. That being said, it should also be short enough that the caller doesn’t get frustrated halfway through.
- Prompt responses are always welcome. No customer is going to be mad if a call center agent completes the case or solves the issue too fast. Callers want to get their requests taken care of as fast as possible so they can go about their day.
- Knowledgeable staff makes happy customers. Few things frustrate both callers and call center agents than a new product release, a sale, or a problem that the company knows about but forgets to inform the call center agents about. Keeping your agents informed, up to date, and knowledgeable will ensure a much smoother transaction.
- Be there for your customers whenever they need you. Offering 24×7 service is almost expected in today’s fast-paced, global business environment. Customers don’t necessarily operate or have the same sleep schedule as you do, so providing them with support on their terms is a great way to get ahead of the competition and keep your customers happy.
- Remember that an unhappy customer won’t stay quiet. With social media and the Internet, an unhappy customer doesn’t just tell their closest friends about a bad call center experience. They tell the world, and that poor customer service will catch up to you almost immediately.
Ensuring that your customers receive the attention, respect, and prompt responses that are expected will enable your business to stay relevant and increase sales. On the other hand, not offering these things to your customer will ensure that they go somewhere else, and take all of their Facebook friends with them.