The AVOXI Blog:
The Most Educational VOIP Call Center Software and Business Phone System Blog in the World!

Choosing the Right Enhanced Routing for Your Call Center

Enhanced routing comes in many different shapes and sizes, and depending on the size, functionality, and locations of your call center, one may be better suited for your company than others.  However, weeding through the options and selecting the perfect enhanced routing to balance both efficiency and customer satisfaction in your call center can be a difficult process.  By understanding the options that are available, call center managers are much more prepared to make an informed decision on how they’d like their enhanced routing to deliver phone calls to agents.

4 tips for choosing the right enhanced routing

  • Percentage-based Routing:  This enhanced routing feature is ideal for companies with multiple call centers of different sizes.  Percentage-based routing can be set up to send a certain percentage of calls (say 80%) to one location, and the other 20% to another.  The call center location with the most agents would receive more calls than the smaller center with fewer agents.
  • Geographic Routing: Geographic routing is the perfect solution for call centers with locations in different parts of the world, with different languages, or with different time zones.  Rules can be set to ensure that calls coming from different parts of the world reach the call center that would best be suited for their language and cultural expectations.
  • Skill-based RoutingSkill-based routing is used to route calls to agents who have the best skills to suit the caller’s needs, and will be able to handle the calls most efficiently and effectively.  Skill-based routing is ideal for call centers who train different agents on different tasks and issues.
  • Time-of-day RoutingTime-of-day routing allows companies to route calls based on operating hours.  This type of enhanced routing is best suited for call centers who may not be quite as large, and have just a few agents on-call for after-hours support.  It’s also an asset to companies who may have multiple locations with different operating hours.

Choosing the best routing system for your call center is perhaps one of the most effective and important ways to ensure calls aren’t missed, and that your customers reach the right person the first time.

David Wise

David Wise

Chief Executive Officer, Founder at AVOXI
David has more than 18 years of management experience in the telecommunications industry. A graduate of the Citadel, David worked as a Senior Account Executive with Intermedia Communications and later co-founded Rapid Link, a leading provider of International callback and VoIP. David then founded AVOXI in 2001with a focus on providing niche international call center markets with customized voice and data services. read more
David Wise
David Wise

Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Share This