A hosted virtual call center is definitely not a thing of the future; it has embedded its footprint so deep into the industry that it continues to spread on daily basis. A cloud hosted virtual call center offers flexibility with little upfront costs, less maintenance and IT administration requirements, and a safer disaster recovery plan. It is important to understand that a hosted virtual call center may not be the best solution for every business (although it is for most).
Businesses that are more responsive to the benefits received from a hosted virtual call center are those that:
- Are industry leaders who keep up with innovation, particularly in customer support
- Have inconsistent call volumes, specifically due to seasonal change in demand
- Are fast-growing and expect significant organic or acquisition growth
- Are looking to reduce cost but keep call center functionality
- Have multiple (especially international) office locations
- Have ability to employ remote workers
- Are small to medium-sized businesses
In actuality, a hosted virtual call center has the ability to support any size business regardless of the call volume received. The above list should be used only as a guide to determine at which stage would a call center most benefit from implementing a hosted virtual call center solution.