International Toll Free Numbers are in-country telephone numbers that can be used by your customers to reach your business free of charge. These can be 1-800 numbers, 1-866 numbers, 1-877, and etc. Rather than charging your customers for their phone call, your company would be paying the fees associated. The pricing for international toll free numbers is usually based on the amount of usage, the number experiences, the cost of the trunk lines, and sometimes a monthly flat rate service charge.
Some of the pros of utilizing international toll free numbers include :
- No charge to your callers
- An increase in sales due to easier contact accessibility
- Improved customer service
- National coverage within the country
Some of the cons of using international toll free numbers are:
- Pay the full call costs any time a customer calls your number
- Some in-country restrictions could apply
Local Access Numbers
Local Access Numbers, or Geographic Numbers, are numbers that are specific to a local area or city. When using Local Access Numbers, charges would be incurred by the customer instead of your company.
Some of the pros of using Local Access Numbers are:
- Create a physical presence
- Target specific regions
- Have multiple locations within one country
However, if you use Local Access Numbers, some of the cons include:
- Your callers will be charged for the conversation
- Not all cities are covered by Local Access Numbers
Whether international toll free numbers or local access numbers are right for your business depends on your specific business needs.