Real time monitoring in the contact center is a tool that allows authorized supervisors to monitor live agent and customer interactions from any location. Real time monitoring provides many benefits for contact centers.
Real time monitoring benefits:
- Maintaining a consistent level of customer service: Real time monitoring can allow supervisors to jump in if a customer is becoming upset or unhappy. Customer service representatives are also more likely to stay consistent with their customer service if they know a supervisor could be listening at any time.
- Determine service representatives who need more training: If a supervisor has heard multiple complaints about a certain contact center agent, real time monitoring enables the supervisor to listen in on phone calls while the agent doesn’t expect it. This can help determine if the contact center agent needs more training, and if so, in what areas.
- Elevate candidates who are eligible for advancement: Similar to determining which agents need more training, real time monitoring can enable supervisors to establish which agents are outperforming their co-workers, and what they’re doing differently.
- Pinpoint areas of concern or success: Real time monitoring also allows supervisors to view areas that need improving or are doing well on a larger scale: the business. Are there certain products or services that are getting more complaints than others? Is there a problem that is constantly in need of correcting?
- More easily gauge customer satisfaction: Real time monitoring gives supervisors quick, easy, and accurate insight into what customers are really thinking and saying.
Utilizing real time monitoring in the contact center can ensure that customer service is always above par. It also ensures that agents are always striving to improve customer interactions and satisfaction. Utilizing real time monitoring can ascertain where customer service currently stands. Supervisors can also determine where the contact center needs to go, and how it can be improved.