UK toll free numbers are a popular choice for companies expanding into the United Kingdom. These UK phone numbers begin with an 0800 or 0808 dial-code and help establish a professional appearance for businesses. Before purchasing an 0800 number in the UK, it’s important to compare packages to ensure that you select the provider best suited to meet your business needs. AVOXI takes a look at top providers and reviews the pros and cons of the service offerings.
Comparing the Top UK Toll Free Number Providers
The comparison reviews AVOXI’s services along with three top UK toll free number providers: Virtual Landline, Telecoms World and TollFreeForwarding.com.
The reviews look at the pros and cons of each company, including:
- How much each provider charge for UK 0800 numbers
- Features and functionality that come with each provider’s UK toll free number service
Virtual Landline is a UK 0800 number service provided by Buzz Networks, a technology-based telecommunications company servicing small, medium and corporate businesses, public telephone operators and blue chip companies.
Virtual Landline: UK Toll Free Number Pricing
Virtual Landline offers a 0800 Freephone Package that best suits small or start-up businesses. The cost of the package starts at £9.95 ($14.25 USD) per month for 300 inbound calling minutes to a combination of UK and select international destinations with additional benefits including a £5 ($6.71 USD) welcome call credit and a monthly rolling contract.
What Features and Functionality Are Available with a UK 0800 Number from Virtual Landline?
Virtual Landline’s 0800 number plan allows inbound calls only and comes with basic business features, including:
- Call forwarding to mobile and landline
- Overseas call forwarding
- Voicemail to email services
Telecoms World PLC is a leading UK toll free number provider headquartered in London, United Kingdom. They provide local and 0800 number plans for business of all sizes.
Telecoms World: UK Toll Free Number Pricing
Telecoms World offers a 60 day free trial for UK 0800 numbers that includes 1000 calling minutes and no connection fee. There is, however, a clause that states after the 60 days, rates automatically increase to £9.99 ($13.42 USD) per month.
Telecoms World tiers its packages into four UK toll free number plans—Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum. The Platinum plan has a one-time connection fee of £99.99 ($133.20 USD). The call minute bundles determine the plan prices:
- Bronze: £4.99 ($6.70 USD) per month with 500 minutes ($0.40 USD per additional minute)
- Silver: £1.99 ($2.67 USD) per month with 1000 Minutes ($0.40 USD per additional minute); NOTE: £1.99 for the first 3 months, £9.99 ($13.42 USD) per month thereafter
- Gold: £19.99 ($26.83 USD) per month with 2000 minutes ($0.40 USD per additional minute)
- Platinum: £49.99 ($67.09 USD) per month with 5000 minutes ($0.40 USD per additional minute); NOTE: £99.99 ($133.20 USD) one-time connection fee
What Features and Functionality Are Available with a UK 0800 Number from Telecoms World?
All Telecoms World toll free number plans come with the following standard features:
- Call forwarding to UK landline
- Time / Day Schedule
- Online call management
- Call statistics monitor
The Silver, Gold and Platinum plans include a web-based call manager service. The more advanced features like IVR, call recording and voicemail are available for additional charges per minute.
TollFreeForwarding.com is an international telecommunications provider based in Los Angeles, California. The company provides international toll-free and local phone numbers targeted to businesses of all sizes.
TollFreeForwarding.com: UK Toll Free Number Pricing
TollFreeForwarding.com offers a 20 day free trial for all virtual numbers, including UK toll free numbers. They have no set-up fees or long-term contracts and allow you to purchase toll free number online.
Tollfreeforwarding.com has four tiered packages for UK toll free numbers, each based on the amount of minutes required.
- £10.39 ($14.00 USD) per month; pay as you go ($0.13 USD per additional minute); or
- £14.10 ($19.00 USD) per month with 70 Minutes ($0.11 USD per additional minute)
- £32.66 ($44.00 USD) per month with 300 minutes ($0.11 USD per additional minute); or
- £54.92 ($74.00 USD) per month with 649 minutes ($0.10 USD per additional minute)
- £92.03 ($124.00 USD) per month with 1,374 minutes ($0.097 USD per additional minute); or
- £114.30 ($154.00 USD) per month with 2,134 Minutes ($0.092 USD per additional minute)
- Custom pricing available for higher call volume.
What Features and Functionality Are Available with a UK 0800 Number from TollFreeForwarding.com?
UK toll free numbers from TollFreeForwarding.com come with a variety of standard features, including:
- Call Forwarding
- Time/Day Schedule
- Real Time Reporting
More advanced features such as IVR, call recording and long term call recording storage are at an additional cost.
AVOXI, is a major provider of international toll free numbers in over 120 countries around the globe. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia USA, AVOXI also has offices located in Charleston, South Carolina USA, Costa Rica, South Africa, and Jamaica.
AVOXI: UK Toll Free Number Pricing
AVOXI offers a 30-day service guarantee for UK toll free number service. Additionally, the company offers the option to purchase toll free number service online for its virtual number minute plans—making it simple and cost-effective. Based on expected call volume, AVOXI’s toll free number packages are:
- Classic: $7.99 per month with minutes pay-as-you-go ($0.107 USD per minute)
- Basic: $12.49 per month with 100 minutes included ($0.095 USD per additional minute)
- Connect: $34.49 per month with 370 minutes included ($0.089 USD per additional minute)
- Standard: $61.99 per month with 790 minutes included ($0.084 USD per additional minute)
- Advanced: $106.99 per month with 1638 minutes included ($0.078 USD per additional minute)
- Premium: $106.99 per month with 2470 minutes included ($0.074 USD per additional minute)
- Higher volume pricing is available by custom quote.
What Features and Functionality Are Available with a UK 0800 Number from AVOXI?
Every US toll free number from AVOXI comes with a free cloud PBX. This means that each number includes 40+ free calling features, including:
- Global Call Forwarding
- Call Recording
- IVR/Auto Attendant
- Ring Groups (Hunt Groups)
- Find Me/Follow Me
- Mobile User Interface
- And more!
Learn more about the features included with US toll free numbers from AVOXI.
Which UK Toll Free Number Provider Is Right for You?
As you get ready to decide which provider is right for you, it’s important to compare key factors, such as:
- Which features are included in the various packages?
- Which provider has the most specific minute-usage tier?
- What is the cost of additional minutes?
- And, which provider has the best customer service—hours, phone access, email, chat, trouble ticket?
Comparing vendors provides you a side-by-side look at each provider’s offerings, and lets you know what to expect from the service.