How to Register Your Softphone
Learn how to configure and register your Bria 4 or Bria Stretto softphone.
Registering and Configuring Your Bria Softphone
Once you retrieve your SIP credentials from the AVOXI Online Portal, you should have all the required information to configure your Softphone client. In this section, we are going to go over two different ways to set up your Softphone depending on the version that you are using: Bria 4 or Bria Stretto.
Configuring the Bria 4 Softphone client is very simple. Just follow the steps as described below.
Step 1: If you don’t have a Bria 4 license yet, download and install the latest version of the application to your computer. You can find the latest version here.
Step 2: On a Mac machine, go to Preferences > Account settings and click on the “+” symbol. Then, click on “New SIP Account” to add a new account.
On a Windows machine, go to Softphone > Account Settings.
If this is your first time registering to your Bria 4, you will be taken straight to account settings to configure your credentials.
However, if you have already registered other SIP credentials, you will get the following account selection screen.
Simply click on the account you wish to edit and click the "Edit" button.
Step 3: Enter your SIP credentials from the Customer Installation case comments located in your Online Portal as shown in step 3 of the previous section and click OK to save your changes.
- Account Name: Name you would like to use to ID this account
- User ID: User name from the customer installation ticket comments
- Domain: Domain information from the customer installation ticket comments
- Password: Password from the installation customer ticket comments
- Display Name: Same as User ID
- Authorization Name: Same as User ID
If you added a CounterPath Stretto license to your services through AVOXI, you should have received an email with the subject line “AVOXI Bria Stretto Configuration” from email@example.com (please make sure check your spam folder as some email clients block this email address). The email reads as follows:
You have been setup to use the new Bria Stretto Softphone clients. You can download a Bria Stretto client for your computer by following this link http://www.counterpath.com/Stretto_windows.html (Windows version) or http://www.counterpath.com/Stretto_mac.html (Mac version).
After installing the Softphone client, start the client; the login prompt will appear.
Your Stretto login information is:
Username: YOUR USERNAME
Password: YOUR PASSWORD
Click on the corresponding download link to match your operating
system version and download the application. Open the downloaded file and follow the instructions to install the Softphone client.
Once the application is installed in your computer, use the credentials provided in the email from CounterPath (above) and click Sign In.
This method automatically configures your AVOXI SIP credentials. There is no need to follow any of the other configuration steps explained for the Bria 4 Softphone client. Your Softphone should be ready to receive and make phone calls using your AVOXI Phone System.
If you are unable to register the Softphone, there are a few things that you may want to try:
- Ensure that your username, especially “Authorization Username,” and password do not contain any spaces before or after the number. This is the most common reason customers cannot register the Softphone.
- Ensure the credentials you are entering match the ones we provided in your customer installation case
- Ensure you are connected to the internet
- If you get an error message when dialing out that says “This call is not covered by your tariff plan,” you are most likely dialing the number incorrectly. You simply need to dial the country code followed by the number. You do not need to enter your country's exit code (International Dialing Digits or IDD, such as 011, 00, etc.), or a plus sign or anything else.
- If you are still having issues dialing out, please provide the following information to our support team.
- Number Dialing from
- Number dialed
- Local time and date of the call with the time zone
- Type of phone used(mobile, Softphone, landline)
- Code or error messages received
Open a Support Ticket Online
Log into the AVOXI Core Portal. Create support tickets, view open cases, and more.
Customer Support Hours
Monday - Friday:
7 AM - 12 AM UTC