What a difference a year makes! We've updated our USA toll free number provider comparison to reflect the most recent plans available in October 2018. In this article, we compare our USA toll free services with two of the top US toll free number providers: TollFreeForwarding vs Global Call Forwarding.
If you are looking for the best toll free service in the USA, you've come to the right place. There are plenty of providers to choose from, and you want to make sure that you make the right buying decision.
US Toll Free Number Providers: A Comparison
While there are many providers available for virtual US toll free numbers, we will compare our services with two of the most popular options: TollFreeForwarding and Global Call Forwarding. We’ll discuss the pros and cons of each company, and explain:
- The process for obtaining US toll free numbers,
- How much each provider charges for US toll free numbers
- Features and functionality that come with your phone numbers
You can also find more information about USA toll free service on our dedicated webpage.
Quick USA Toll Free Service Comparisons
Before we get to the in-depth review of each US toll free service provider, here is a basic pricing summary.
Plans available as low as:
- Global Call Forwarding: $12.95 per month
- TollFreeForwarding: $5 per month
- AVOXI: $4.49 per month
Average inbound call rates:
- Global Call Forwarding: $0.0197 - $0.04
- TollFreeForwarding: $0.0105 - $0.046
- AVOXI: $0.0095 - $0.041
- Global Call Forwarding: $3 per month + $0.02 per minute
- TollFreeForwarding: $7 per month + $0.03 per minute (additional $0.03 per minute over 30 days)
- AVOXI: 15 Days Free, $5 - $7 per month for 30, 60, or 365 day plans (no per-minute charge)
Number Porting Fee:
- Global Call Forwarding: Pricing not advertised
- TollFreeForwarding: $50
- AVOXI: Free. Get $25 - $1,000 in credit when you port your existing numbers
Add Outbound Calling with Custom Caller ID
- Global Call Forwarding: $25+
- TollFreeForwarding: Free
- AVOXI: Free.
Interested in the Most Reliable Service at the Lowest Prices Available?
Toll Free Forwarding
TollFreeForwarding is an international telecommunications provider located in Los Angeles, CA. They offer a wide range of international toll free and local telephone numbers.
Price of US Toll Free Service: TollFreeForwarding
When you first visit TollFreeForwarding.com, you’ll notice that the company offers a free trial for all virtual numbers, including US toll free numbers. They also offer no set-up fees and allow you to cancel your service at any time, no questions asked.
The cost for their service depends on the number of minutes you need. TollFreeForwarding offers US toll free number packages at different tiers labeled Starter, Business and Enterprise. These packages start $5 per month for regular toll free numbers (833, 844, etc.) and $9 per month for True 800 numbers. Both number types are charged at $0.046 per minute for the “Pay As You Go” plan and climb 1,895 minutes plan at $29 per month with $0.029 per minute rate for overage for the most popular plan. These prices reflect forwarding to SIP/VoIP.
TollFreeForwarding's Service Features
There are a variety of essential business phone system features that are paired along with US toll free numbers from TollFreeForwarding, including:
- Call Forwarding
- Time/Day Routing
- Real Time Reporting
Call recording is $7 per month + $0.03 per minute to store recordings for 30 days. Calls stored more than 30 days are an additional $0.03 per minute/month.
There is a $50 fee to port your existing toll free number to TollFreeForwarding's service.
Global Call Forwarding
Based in Florida, United States, Global Call Forwarding is a brand of UWT (United World Telecom). They also offer call forwarding service for local and toll free phone numbers.
Price of US Toll Free Service: Global Call Forwarding
Global Call Forwarding also allows you to try their US toll free service free of charge, which is accessible through their home page. Their service is also contract-free, meaning you can cancel your service at any time.
The cost of a US toll free number from Global Call Forwarding is also split into tiers based on usage, or the number of minutes you will need. These tiers are Basic, Value, Power, Premium and Enterprise. The tiers reflect the pricing plans available on United World Telecom’s site when forwarding to VoIP/SIP. The per month cost is displayed, along with the cost for any additional minutes you may use over the allotted amount for each plan.
Global Call Forwarding's Service Features
Calling features are included in the cost of a United States toll free number from Global Call Forwarding as well. You can expect functionality like:
- Failover Forwarding
- Rollover Minutes ($15 per month)
- Call Forwarding
- Simultaneous Ringing
- Sequential Ringing
Note: not all features are available at every pricing tier. Some features are only available if your monthly fees meet the minimum requirement of $500.
Call recording is available for $3 per month + $0.02 per minute.
Since 2001, AVOXI has been a leading USA toll free number provider as well as for 120+ other countries. Based in Atlanta, Georgia USA, AVOXI also has offices in Costa Rica, Jamaica, Hong Kong, and South Africa, enabling the company to provide service and support to companies around the globe.
Price of US Toll Free Service: AVOXI
You can set up USA toll free service with AVOXI without any setup fees or minimum contracts. Pay-as-You-Go plans start at $4.49 per month. Inbound call rates range from $0.0095 - $0.041 per minute. All plans include 20+ VoIP features at no extra cost. You can test your service for 30 days risk-free.
AVOXI's Service Features
Your USA toll free service from AVOXI includes:
- Zero setup costs or cancellation fees.
- Unlimited call conferencing rooms with as many as 500 participants.
- Time-of-day routing and simultaneous ringing to any devices worldwide.
- Activation 24 - 48 hours or less.
- 15 days of free call recording with extended recording options available.
- 24/7 technical support.
- Multiple layers of failover routing backed our global VoIP infrastructure.
- Maximum uptime and excellent worldwide call quality ensured by data centers in North America, South Africa and Hong Kong.
- 20+ additional features like IVR, call screening, voicemail-to-email, and more at no extra cost.
Have additional questions or interested in seeing a custom pricing plan? We'd love to hear from you!
Which USA Toll Free Number Provider is Best for You?
As you get ready to decide which provider is right for you, you’ll really have to dive into the specifics of what you need, such as:
- Which company has the features you need?
- Which provider has the most specific minute-usage tier?
- And which provider has the best customer service reviews or call quality?
This comparison explored several topics and provided an in-depth analysis of what you, as a customer, could expect should you choose to purchase a virtual phone number with either of them. Use this comparison to help in your purchasing process so you can choose the provider that’s the best for your business’s unique needs.