Quality Advocate Engineer
AVOXI is a leading cloud communications, business VoIP Service and contact center software provider delivering exceptional Communications as a Service (CaaS) solutions, to customers around the world. AVOXI is building a cutting edge intelligent communications platform as a service and looking for an individual to help our team build quality in from the beginning. Your expertise in automation frameworks and tools will play a key part in taking AVOXI's customer experience and satisfaction to the next level.
The Quality Advocate has three areas of responsibilities at AVOXI.
- Review changes to the products and ensure appropriate automated test cases are included with a particular focus on breadth of coverage (identifying edge cases) and testing at the appropriate level (functional versus integration versus end-to-end)
- Keep the team current with testing approaches and tools, including creating testing frameworks as necessary
- Assist in the creation of test cases
Preferred Skills & Interests:
- Experience in QA automation (using tools like Nightwatch)
- Experience teaching testing approaches or mentoring QA Engineers is a plus
- Experience in Telephony is a plus
- Experience with Jenkins or CICD platform
- Ability to examine issues for root cause and simplest steps to reproduce
- Expertise designing test scenarios for complicated processes
- Experience in navigating through agile tools (Jira)
- Good communication skills
- Ability to learn quickly and manage time effectively
- Flexible, able to embrace change and adaptable to new, challenging situations
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain excellent coding standards
- Ability to work independently or on a team
- High level of self-motivation, willingness to make a difference
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive Salary, and Benefits (Medical, Dental, 401k)
- Casual dress every day
- Fun, collaborative work environment
- Leading edge technology platform
- Career development opportunities
- Beautiful Charleston location (waterfront!)
- Free coffee & snacks
- Standing desks & comfy Herman Miller chairs
DISCLOSURE OF CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION AND CONSENT TO PROCESSING SUCH INFORMATION FOR PURPOSES OF A JOB APPLICATION
Thank you for considering employment at AVOXI. As part of your application for a career with us, we will ask you to disclose certain personal information. With reference to various data protection regulations, including but not limited to GDPR and POPIA, and/or section 18 of the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013, we assure you that your personal information will be protected and only used for the intended purposes as set out below.
All information will be treated with the strictest confidentiality and will not be disclosed or used for any purpose other than to assess the suitability of a person, except in so far as it may be required and permitted by law. Your personal details must correspond with the details in your ID or passport.
This information will only be taken into account if it directly relates to the requirements of the position. The following personal information may be collected through this job application process:
Your title, full names, surname, ID number, date of birth, education, qualifications, criminal history, employment history, employment references from previous employers, as well as telephone numbers, fax number, e-mail addresses, postal address, and physical address.
The above information will be requested and obtained from you directly, or from a third party or licensed recruiter whom you have authorised to submit it to us on your behalf.
By applying for a position, you are giving AVOXI voluntary consent to access and process your personal Information and share the information with third parties if and when needed for the purpose of background and verification checks. If you are hired by AVOXI the information will be transferred to our Payroll Management System and shared with statutory and/or regulatory bodies as required by specific laws.
We wish you the best with your job application!
AVOXI values diversity and encourages people traditionally underrepresented in technology to apply.
Click below to email our corporate recruiter.