Virtual USA phone numbers are feature-packed business tools offering multinational businesses a global presence.
Known for its business-friendly culture, the United States is the world’s largest economy. According to the World Bank, the USA ranks first in total market consumption. In addition, the country maintains over 20 international trade agreements, and since 2008, the country demonstrated consistent economic growth. With that in mind, it’s no wonder the USA is a global hotspot for businesses looking to grow internationally. But before expanding into America, companies need to establish a way for potential customers to reach them.
Virtual USA phone numbers are cost-effective alternatives to traditional phone lines. Using VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) technology, virtual phone numbers connect your business communications to the cloud. Getting a virtual USA phone number is a simple way to project a professional image and establish local credibility to potential customers.
Get the USA Phone Number That’s Right for Your Business
As technology develops, it continues to change the face of business communication. With advanced cloud-based technology like virtual USA phone numbers, businesses can expand their target market across the world. Let’s take a look at the different virtual USA phone numbers, review requirements for securing virtual USA phone numbers, and explore the pros and cons.
USA Toll Free Numbers
Also known as 1800 numbers, USA toll free numbers are affordable marketing tools that project a professional business appearance. 1800 numbers allow companies to create a brand presence within the USA without the need of a physical location. USA toll free numbers have distinct three-digit prefix codes: 800, 888, 877, 866, 855, 844, or 833. A toll free number provides a way for callers in the United States, Canada, and the Caribbean to reach your business free of charge.
Benefits of Getting USA Toll Free Numbers
- Potential customers are more likely to interact with your business when the call is free for them.
- Toll free USA phone numbers are easy to remember and help your business stand out.
- 1800 numbers include toll free coverage in Canada and the Caribbean.
- A toll free number projects a professional appearance for your business.
Local USA Phone Numbers (USA DID Numbers)
A DID number is a direct inward dialling number, also known as a direct dial-in number (DDI). These virtual USA phone numbers route inbound calls from the USA to your existing business line. USA DID numbers include a city-specific dial code that gives your business a local appearance within the United States.
Benefits of Getting USA DID Numbers
- USA DID numbers project a local business appearance, regardless of where your office is located.
- USA DID numbers allow you to target customers in specific regions.
- Local DID numbers split call costs with the customer, meaning usage rates are usually cheaper for your business than toll free number plans.
What Should Be Included When You Buy USA Phone Numbers for Business?
Before you buy a USA phone number for your business, make sure you understand which features come with your service. All virtual USA phone number providers typically provide basic VoIP service features with any service plan, including:
- Global Call Forwarding
- Custom Caller ID
- IVR (Auto Attendant)
- Time of Day Routing
- Call Screening / Call Barring
- Call Groups
Some providers include advanced features like extended call recording on premium plans, while others offer them for an additional fee per feature. Generally basic VoIP business phone features are included with any virtual USA phone number business plan.
How Much Does a Virtual USA Phone Number Cost?
There are three main factors that affect the cost of virtual USA phone numbers:
- How much call traffic your business receives.
- How you answer your calls (VoIP phone, mobile phone, landline, etc.).
- Which business phone features you need as part of your service.
How Much Traffic Will Your Business Receive?
Whether you get a per-minute plan or a bundled package, all virtual USA phone number services charge you for usage. Companies that expect a large amount of call traffic can set up larger service packages with lower rates per minute. The more call volume you anticipate, the lower you can expect to pay per minute of talk time.
How Will You Answer Calls?
Call charges depend on forwarding rates. The most cost-effective option is to answer your calls on a VoIP softphone, for which most providers do not charge. Calls forwarded to a mobile device are usually more expensive than those forwarded to a landline. The per minute rate for calls forwarded to a landline or mobile device also depends on the country the device is in.
Which Business Phone Features Are Essential in Your Service?
As we mentioned before, not all providers include the same features with all their service plans. If you need a business phone feature that is not included with the provider’s standard plans, then you may want to choose a more expensive package or pay an add-on fee for each new feature you require.
How to Buy a USA Phone Number for Business?
Companies like AVOXI make it easy to get USA phone numbers for business. However, take care to choose a provider and plan that best suits your specific business needs. Here are some key factors to consider before buying a USA phone number for your business:
- Which type of virtual USA phone number is right for your business?
- How much call traffic do you expect over your US phone number?
- Which business phone features do you need? Are these included in the provider’s standard plans, or do they cost extra?
- What are the setup costs associated with each USA phone number plan?
- How will you answer calls made to your virtual USA phone number?
For nearly 20 years, AVOXI has been a leading provider of virtual USA phone numbers for companies around world. To secure a virtual USA phone number with us today:
- Complete the short quote form, and an AVOXI representative will contact you shortly to offer a custom quote and answer any questions you have about USA DID or Toll Free service; or
- Speak directly with an AVOXI virtual number specialist. Call us from any of our toll free numbers to reach a representative; or
- Choose a USA DID or Toll Free number from our Online Shopping Cart and set up service online. Don’t see the number you need? Let us know and we will order it for you!
Check out our comparison of providers to further help you determine the right virtual USA phone number for your business and to select your preferred provider.