The Benefits of Phone Number API for Wholesale Voice Partners
It's a great time to be in wholesale voice! As enterprises migrate their telecommunications infrastructure to the cloud, innovations are occurring at a rapid pace. Take phone number API as an example. Using APIs, wholesale voice partners automate complex tasks and extend coverage. So, what is phone number API and how can you take advantage of it?
As we covered in The Big 6 Benefits of Modern SIP Trunking, the world is migrating to cloud communications faster than ever. BPOs, global enterprises, and wholesale voice partnerships to expand their VoIP number coverage, drive more revenue opportunities, and reduce ownership costs.
The global shift towards unified communications is a shot of energy into the VoIP industry, already leading to faster innovations that benefit wholesale voice partners and the customers they all serve. Those innovations include simple yet effective phone number APIs, which save countless hours of manual configurations by wholesale voice partners to serve their customers or global employee base.
The Checklist of Success for Wholesale Voice Partners
Before they were acquired by Google Cloud, API leader Apigee released a fascinating report. The report examined product trends among telecom providers, and we have a hard time disagreeing with them! The report outlines the following telecom trends for success:
- Applications will consume all services.
- APIs give applications their functionality.
- The market for services is global.
- The cloud is replacing traditional hosting.
- The telecom industry is no longer just competing with other service providers.
- Innovation often takes place outside of your organization.
- The need to differentiate services and appeal to application developers.
- Technologies and business models need to be changed.
So we know APIs are the future, and that APIs are necessary for modern voice partnerships to succeed. But why use APIs, and how are they used? In fact, what does phone number API even mean?
What is a Phone Number API & How Do They Work?
API, or application programming interface, is a network connect between two software systems. Phone Number API is a connection between your software and your voice partner's network. This allows developers to automate tasks like phone number lookup, provisioning, and configuration, as well as embed phone call and messaging functions in your product. Phone number API is an umbrella term covering many APIs that perform certain functions, which are made possible by the connection with the wholesale voice partner's platform.
VoIP APIs allow you to access your VoIP provider's platform directly, which can increase productivity. Phone number API is a catch-all term covering many APIs that perform specific functions, which are made possible by the direct connection you have with your wholesale voice partner's platform.
So what is API in plain English? You can think of APIs as interpreters who translate a conversation between two speakers of different languages. APIs, however, translate technology-to-technology conversations rather than translating conversations between people. APIs translate the conversation between two machines one task at a time, just like an interpreter.
How Wholesale Voice Partners Use Virtual Number API
Wholesale voice partners want to be be able to provision and configure numbers from within their own platforms. In days gone by, partners would have to manually provision phone numbers from multiple carriers and their platform. APIs take the manual work out of it, allowing you to lookup, validate, provision, and configure numbers automatically within your own interface.
Flexible Phone Number APIs empower businesses to integrate AVOXI’s software-driven communications into their own customer-facing applications and are built to provide immediate access to our massive global inventory, instant number configuration, and more within your preferred interface.
- Search & Validate. Search by ISO country code and number type to receive package, subscription, service fee, included minutes, order times and more.
- Number Provisioning & Configuration. Provision and configure a single virtual number or several at a time.
- Compliance & Documentation: Returns documentation requirements, portability, and geographic restrictions associated with the number type.
- SMS & Call Recording Configuration. Automatically reply to a customer text in SMS format from email while remaining in regulatory compliance.
3 Reasons Wholesale Voice Partners Love Phone Number API
Our APIs were developed with modern wholesale companies in mind, so they can deliver to their customers what matters most. Here’s how we’ve attributed to VoIP resellers just like you:
1. Automate the Provisioning & Configuration of Numbers
Our program for wholesale voice partners, AVOXI Flex, was first launched without APIs. A partner would have to manually provision the number from our cart and configure it within a separate interface after receiving an order from their customer. Now, AVOXI Flex partners use APIs to find, provision, and configure routing & recording settings automatically when a customer orders a number or they provision them to a new office.
2. Expand Your Voice Coverage to the Global Market
Your network coverage directly impacts your sales potential. Beware of being shackled by your coverage when it can easily become your strength. By using APIs, you can directly connect with your wholesale voice provider, extending their coverage to your own. Hard-to-find number types create opportunities for higher margins, driving up your profits from multiple angles. Plus, customers and partners are more likely to trust your business if you address the markets they care about.
3. Reduce Your Cost of Ownership
APIs are an incredible way for voice partners to save money. In addition to saving money with superior wholesale rates, you also relieve your service team of the burden of correctly provisioning and configuring international phone numbers. We use APIs at AVOXI to scale to a global market without adding more staff or using expensive third-party tools.
Find the Right Wholesale Voice Partner for You
To drive their business, wholesale VoIP providers need flexible communications solutions. That’s exactly why we built AVOXI Flex, a global partner program for wholesale voice. We help brands better connect and serve their customers with reliable, affordable voice solutions. Here's what you can expect as a Flex Partner:
- An expanded voice services portfolio. Through AVOXI, you will be able to provision phone numbers for over 170 countries within minutes. We offer coverage that others struggle to obtain, such as local numbers in India, Nigeria, the UAE, and more.
- Easy management of phone numbers. Access all your voice features and virtual numbers, including those from other carriers, in one intuitive interface.
- A scaleable API toolkit. You can use the same APIs AVOXI uses internally to scale our services for our global customer base. With virtual number API, you can provision and configure new numbers automatically.
- Customer service dedicated to your account. AVOXI Flex partners have 24/7 follow-the-sun support and a dedicated account manager from AVOXI who understands your business model and watches out for your needs.
- Expertise in international porting. Our world-class porting team finds a way to do what other carriers cannot. With AVOXI, you can enjoy your savings without having to worry about the number porting process.
- Voice quality at wholesale rates. It's not necessary to pay more to have a better call. With flexible subscriptions and market-leading rates, you can reduce costs and improve margins.
Learn More About Wholesale Voice Rates with AVOXI Flex
Interested in expanding your sales and marketing strategies into new markets? AVOXI is the cloud-communication solution of choice for global enterprises and VoIP resellers expanding into new markets. Learn more about partnership opportunities today!