The Top Benefits of Call Center SIP Trunking
Which benefits make SIP trunks the most promising option for unified communications? We're breaking down 6 advantages of SIP trunks, including amazing data around productivity, cost reduction, and ROI!
The Advantages of Modern SIP Trunk Strategies
In 2020, the global business environment changed dramatically. A dramatic shift in communications has been the speed at which call centers are adopting unified communications strategies. For most companies, migrating their communications to the cloud is mission-critical to operate in 2021 and beyond. At least that is what is suggested by data gathered by Twilio; the company's Digital Engagement Report surveyed over 2,500 companies about their communication plans going forward. The following are 5 interesting facts from the report:
- 92% say enabling digital communications was critical or very important in response to the pandemic.
- 96% say the pandemic accelerated digital transformation in their company. 46% said it’s drastically accelerated.
- 54% say they have increased focus on omnichannel and 53% have added new channels.
- Companies in Australia, Germany, Japan, and Singapore accelerated their digital communication strategies by 7 years.
- Technology, healthcare, and energy companies have been the most aggressive about adopting new communication channels.
Now, how are the companies unifying their communication channels in the cloud? The most common (and reliable) path a unified communications environment is SIP trunking (sometimes called SIP interconnect). SIP refers to the protocol used by your voice service, and "trunk" is a synonym for connection. The number of businesses implementing SIP connections is increasing, as they discover the benefits of SIP trunking that make it attractive to global enterprises.
The Top Call Center SIP Trunk Benefits
In this post, we will explore 6 top benefits of call center SIP trunking in 2021! SIP trunks are often implemented as part of a call center's cloud communications strategy; why is this? Because a great contact center SIP trunk solution will:
- Modernize your communication channels by moving to the cloud.
- Connect the best voice & media services for you to your PBX system.
- Multiple carriers' phone numbers and features can be managed in one place.
- Secure your communication channels and ensure business continuity.
- Automate workflows and integrate technologies to boost productivity across your contact center.
- Reduce total cost of ownership by eliminating hardware costs and accessing better international call rates.
Of course, that sounds great. But how does SIP trunking create those advantages for your call center?
1. Take the Modern Path to the Cloud
According to Nemertes Research Group, which surveyed over 600 contact centers, BPOs, SMBs, and enterprise organizations in 2019, over half of the participants said their company already adopted SIP trunking. Among larger businesses (2,500+), 75% already implemented SIP trunks. That's because SIP trunking easily integrates new communication services into your system without requiring a complete replacement to your current setup. In other words, SIP trunking allows you to upgrade to the cloud at your own pace while avoiding downtime.
2. Find a Carrier That's Right For You
Don't settle for a carrier that isn't perfect for your needs. SIP trunking enables your platform to connect to the best voice services for your most critical use cases. Whether you need hard-to-find numbers, faster provisioning, superior call quality, or another service your current carrier(s) can't provide, SIP trunking allows the best services to compete for your business.
3. Manage Your Numbers in One Place
No matter how many carriers you have, call center SIP trunking helps unify your connections and control your communication channels from one platform. Create a dedicated SIP trunk for each data center or interconnect them. Either way, managing your numbers and call flows from one place saves time and prevents errors. The flexibility of SIP trunking makes it perfect for a range of use-cases, and that flexibility is what makes SIP trunking solutions for call centers so scalable.
4. Ensure Business Continuity
SIP trunking offers excellent disaster recovery capabilities because it provides flexibility when unforeseen circumstances arise. There is less risk of downtime due to damage to your physical lines or infrastructure, and you can switch to failover routing options in the blink of an eye! You can add additional layers of security by choosing a reliable SIP trunk provider, preferably one with a certified SBC for protection against fraudulent activity and security threats. SIP trunks for call centers minimize security threats and ensure your contact center stays operational and productive through any eventuality.
5. Improve Productivity Across Your Call Center
A unified communications setup has multiple productivity benefits. With the ability to manage all numbers in one place, rather than having to coordinate between several carriers, as well as instant provisioning of new numbers, tasks that once took days can now be accomplished in minutes. Integrating your tech stack boosts agent productivity with workflow automation, contextual screen pop during calls, priority routing options, and much more.
6. Reduce Your Total Cost of Ownership
The cost-saving benefits of SIP are well documented; One particularly robust study from Nemertes found that organizations that implemented SIP trunking reduced telecom costs by an average of 16.1%. Meanwhile, these companies' average communication costs dropped by 39%! Savings were attributed to eliminating capital costs from physical phone lines, consolidating technologies, and reduced call rates. AVOXI's SIP trunk offer builds on this by removing setup fees, porting costs, and minimum contracts from the equation. With flexible pricing plans, you can pay only for what you use.
Get the Most Out of SIP in Your Contact Center
A SIP contact center system is only as good as the service you choose. With flexible solutions such as SIP trunking, a wide range of providers are able to cater to different use-cases and areas of operation. SIP trunking on the AVOXI platform, for example, offers the following benefits:
- Secure, reliable SIP connections. You can count on carrier-grade reliability, security against fraud, and support 24/7/365 wherever you do business.
- Coverage worldwide. You can activate inbound numbers from 170+ countries in minutes, including hard-to-find types like local DIDs in India and the UAE.
- Local presence dialing. Boost your answer rates connecting directly to local networks in 20+ countries, ensuring your caller ID shows a local area code to your prospect.
- World-class number porting team. Our international number porting experts are capable of transferring numbers in countries where most providers are hit-or-miss. With lower international rates, how much money could you save?
- Over-the-top connectivity. Our platform works over the top of virtually any PBX system, including popular solutions like Microsoft Teams. You can rely on world-class voice service no matter which platform you are using.
See What a SIP Contact Center Solution Can Do For You
Interested in taking advantage of call center SIP connectivity? One of our experts will be happy to help you discover what SIP trunking looks like for your call center's needs.