Since 2001, AVOXI has been a leading provider of international toll free numbers. During this time, we’ve helped our customers communicate with their clients, no matter where in the world they’re located. We also educate new and existing customers about how much international toll free numbers cost, and what they should expect to pay for toll free number service.
Don’t pay more than you should for international VoIP service. Learn how much international toll free numbers cost and which factors affect their pricing. Plus, learn which type of international toll free number package is right for your business needs: bundled, or Pay As You Go.
International Toll Free Numbers Cost Breakdown
There are three main factors that affect the cost of an international toll free number:
- The country where the calls are coming from (i.e., the customer’s location)
- The country to which the calls will be forwarded (i.e., your business’s location)
- How you will answer your calls (VoIP phone, mobile phone, landline, etc.)
Where Are Your Customers Located?
Your international toll free calls originate in the country where your customers are located. For example, if your customers are in Germany, you would purchase a Germany toll free number so those customers can call you toll free.
International toll free number costs and rates per minute differ by country. AVOXI offers US toll free numbers for as little as $14.99 a month with a rates as low as $0.0175 per minute. However, you can expect to pay more for a rare or hard-to-get international toll free numbers, like UAE toll free numbers.
Where Is Your Business Located?
Your toll free provider will also need to know where your business is located, or where you plan to receive calls. This is also known as the terminating country.
Your rate per minute will also vary based on the terminating country. For example, if a customer calls your Germany toll free number and the call is forwarded to a mobile phone in the United Kingdom, the rate per minute will be different than if it was forwarded to a phone in the US.
How Will You Answer Calls?
Once you know where your calls will originate and terminate, you need to decide how you will answer them.
How Much Does It Cost to Receive a Call on VoIP?
You can receive VoIP calls through your Internet connection using a softphone. All you need is a laptop or desktop computer and a headset. Because the call doesn’t go through traditional phone lines, calls forwarded via VoIP will always be cheaper than calls sent to a landline or mobile phone.
How Much Does It Cost to Receive a Call on a Landline?
If you choose to send calls made to your toll free number to a landline, then the rate per minute will be higher. This is because the call will travel over the Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN) to get to its destination. The phone company processing this call tacks on additional charges to handle the call.
How Much Does It Cost to Receive a Call on a Mobile Device?
Calls forwarded to mobile devices cost more than those forwarded to VoIP. Mobile phone networks charge additional fees to process incoming toll free calls to your cell phone.
Types of International Toll Free Number Plans
Almost every international toll free number provider offers two different types of plans: bundled and Pay As You Go. These plans result in different international toll free number costs.
Bundled plans typically cost more up front than pay as you go plans. However, you pay less per minute because you’re purchasing in bulk. Pay As You Go Plans are better for businesses that expect low call volume.
Every international toll free number from AVOXI includes a free cloud PBX. No matter which plan you choose, you get a complete business phone system that comes with 40+ features you need to manage your communications effectively.
Benefits of Bundled Toll Free Number Plans
- Pay less per minute for international toll free calls
- Predictable monthly phone bills
- Get 40+ business-class phone system features
Benefits of Pay As You Go Toll Free Number Plans
- Lower international toll free number costs upfront
- Pay only for the minutes you use
- Get 40+ business-class phone system features
International Toll Free Numbers Cost Comparison
Now that you understand the factors that affect international toll free number costs, let’s talk about the top toll free number providers and what they charge. We’ll base our comparison on the most popular toll free number requests we get from our customers.
Pricing current as of May 14, 2017.
US and Canada Unlimited Toll Free Plan
- RealPBX: You pay a total of $59/month for one number and one extension. US toll free number costs $20/month, and extensions cost $39/month.
- TollFreeForwarding.com: No “unlimited” plan available. For a toll free number and 5,000 minutes per month, you pay $159/month billed month to month or $135/month billed annually.
- AVOXI: You pay $45.99/month per extension. Includes a US or Canada toll free number.
UK Toll Free Number Bundled Plan
- RealPBX: You pay a total of $99/month for 1,450 minutes per month. Includes 1 UK toll free number and 1 extension.
- TollFreeForwarding.com: For a UK toll free number and 649 minutes per month, you pay $59/month billed month to month or $47/month billed annually.
- AVOXI: You pay a total of $79.99 per month for 1,000 minutes a month. Includes a toll free number and a free extension.
International Toll Free Numbers from AVOXI
Now that you know how much international toll free numbers cost, it’s time to take the next step? Talk to an AVOXI VoIP specialist today to learn how to tap into new markets with international toll free numbers for 120+ countries.