5 Best USA SIP Trunk Providers
Finding a new SIP trunk provider doesn't have to be a daunting task. Whether you're looking to switch providers, or are simply weighing your options before making a decision, it is important to thoroughly understand exactly what each provider is bringing to the table.
Our goal is to help you find the best US SIP trunk provider for your specific needs! While we are proud to offer amazing VoIP rates in the US, Canada, and over 160+ countries worldwide, there's never a perfect provider for every company's specific needs. If we aren't the best US SIP trunk provider for you, we understand. Our goal is to help you find the best US SIP provider that fits your business's needs. For more information on our USA SIP trunking, see our US SIP trunking page: USA SIP Trunking
Comparing USA SIP Trunking Providers
With all the options on the market today, deciding which provider to choose can be overwhelming. When comparing US SIP Trunk providers, regardless of location, you'll want to consider:
- Pricing: Setup fees (and add on costs), price per channel, and monthly costs
- US SIP Calling Rates: The cost per call or per minute rate for outbound calls
- Features: What comes included with your service, and what can be added on
- Scalability: Your options for adding extra channels as your business grows
- Customer Support: May vary by region or time zone
Note: This USA SIP trunk provider comparison is focused on business providers. Most or all providers included in this comparison, especially those that offer “unlimited” plans, have policies that prohibit the use of autodialers, open line monitoring, excessive conference calling, and any other activity that may cause high levels of traffic.
What to Expect from SIP Trunk Providers in the US
At the time of this post, average outbound VoIP call rates in the US ranged from $0.005 - $0.03 per minute. The average cost per SIP channel was between $1.67 - $15 per month. Unlimited SIP trunk channels ranged from $19.99 - $29.99 per channel.
NOTE: Significant savings are possible if you qualify for bulk-volume discounts. Learn more about wholesale SIP trunking for bulk voice solutions →
Top US SIP Trunk Providers
Now that you understand the benefits of SIP trunking and how it can benefit your business, let's take a look at some of the top US SIP providers and what sets them apart from the competition.
AVOXI SIP Trunking
AVOXI provides SIP trunks in packages of 12 channels. If you purchase 192 SIP channels, additional channels are free. There are no setup fees or minimum contracts with AVOXI!
- 1 Channel + Softphone: Free (included with purchase of any DID number)
- 12 Channels: $9.99 ($0.83 per channel)
- DID Numbers: Start at $4.49
- Toll Free Numbers: Start at $16.99
- Calls to US48: $0.011 per minute
SIP trunking service in the US and anywhere else include 20+ VoIP features, such as: custom caller ID, call recording, call conferencing, time of day routing, and much more. In addition, AVOXI provides 24/7 live support. Learn more about US SIP trunking from AVOXI.
AstraQom SIP Trunking
Astraqom provides metered and unlimited SIP channel plans, as well as some packages in between. Each service comes with a number of features and capabilities, as well as access to 24/7 support. Every channel comes with a DID number, and any additional DID numbers are $2.50 per month.
AstraQom SIP Trunk Plans (Monthly):
- Pay-as-You-Go: $7.99 per channel
- United States 1000: $16.99 per channel
- United States Unlimited: $19.99 per channel
- Call Center: $29.99 per channel
AstraQom SIP Trunking Rates (US and Canada):
- Pay-as-You-Go: $0.02 per minute
- United States 1000: 1,000 minutes free, then $0.02 per minute
- United States Unlimited: Unlimited (Fair Use of about 3,000 minutes)
- Call Center: $0.018 per minute
Nextiva SIP Trunking
Nextiva offers a SIP trunking solution designed to seamlessly integrate your existing PBX system into the cloud, cutting your costs by as much as 70% and increasing your reliability and uptime.
Nextiva SIP Trunking (Metered):
- Monthly: $14.95 per channel
- SIP Rates: $0.008 per minute
Nextiva SIP Trunking (Unlimited):
- Monthly: $24.95 per channel
- SIP Rates: Unlimited (Subject to Fair Use)
Nextiva also offers outbound international calling with every plan, with a per-minute rate that changes depending on which country you are calling.
SIP.US SIP Trunking
SIP.US charges by SIP channel. Each SIP channel includes unlimited calls to the US 48 states and Canada, subject to their fair use policy.
SIP.US SIP Trunk Pricing:
- Price per channel: $24.95 per month
- Price per minute: Unlimited to lower US 48
- Local DID: $1 per month + $1 setup fee
- Toll Free DID: $2.95 per month + $3 setup fee
- Port fee: $10/number
Additionally, you can add on SMS messaging to your SIP.US package, with packages ranging from $19/month to $99.95/month.
Twilio SIP Trunking
Twilio offers an affordable, scalable SIP trunk solution for businesses of all sizes. With instant provisioning, SMS/MMS capabilities, and optional private connections, Twilio is sure to have something to benefit your business.
Twilio SIP Trunk Pricing:
- 1 Channel: Pay per minute rates only
- 2 Channels: $12.50 per channel ($25 per month)
- 5 Channels: $20 per channel ($100 per month)
- 10 Channels: $22.50 per channel ($225 per month)
- 20 Channels: $23.75 per channel ($475 per month)
Twilio US SIP Trunking Calling Rates:
- US - Toll Free: $0.007 per minute
- US - Zone 1: $0.007 per minute
- US - Extended Zone 2: $0.014 per minute
- US - Extended Zone 3: $0.05 per minute
- US - Extended Zone 4: $0.1 per minute
- US - Extended Zone 5: $0.25 per minute
In addition to pay as you go plans, they offer committed used discounts for customers who expect a high call volume. The number of calls per second you make will also determine how much your monthly subscription fee will be.
Looking for More USA SIP Trunk Comparisons?
If you're looking for more United States SIP trunk providers, or are interested in more information about one of the providers mentioned above - let us know! We want this to be a useful tool in helping you find the best provider for your business.
Try USA SIP Trunking Service Risk-Free
Still not sure how to find the best SIP Trunk provider for your business? If you have additional questions or would like to download our complete global SIP trunk rates for comparison, contact us today!