If you’re looking for the best business phone pricing, you may have come across Phone.com. At AVOXI, we firmly believe nobody offers the same quality, value-pricing, and overall coverage worldwide that we do. However, we aren’t perfect for everyone, and why we don’t mind shining a light on great business phone alternatives like Phone.com. So today we will:
- Provide a detailed, honest Phone.com review
- Breakdown every aspect of Phone.com’s pricing that will affect your business
- Compare those plans with the best Phone.com competitors and alternatives in 2019
If you find there are things missing from this article, please reach out and let us know! We are constantly updating our information to be as current and accurate as possible.
Phone.com Standard Features and Pricing
How Phone.com Pricing Works
Phone.com offers both pay per minute plans as well as unlimited minute plans. There are 3 packages available with both packages, their Base Plan, Plus Plan, and Pro Plan. Your overall pricing will depend on how much talk time you expect each month and whether or not you will need add on features. If you get an unlimited plan, the number of users will have a big impact on the overall price.
Phone.com has many standard features included in all of their packages, including:
- Call Blocking
- Call Transfer
- Call Waiting
- SMS Text Messaging
- Call Queuing
Every Phone.com plan also includes at least 1 local or toll free number in the US and Canada (international telephone numbers are available as well, more on that below). But, if you would like you choose your phone number or get a custom vanity number, prices will vary. Typically, custom telephone numbers will be significantly more expensive than toll free or local numbers. When we used Phone.com’s search tool, we found vanity phone numbers starting as low as $199 while others were over $1,000.
If you’re looking to get a custom phone number, Phone.com has included a search feature to help you find exactly what you’re looking for.
Phone.com Pricing: Pay-Per-Minute Plans
- Base: $12.99/month with 300 minutes, 5,000 SMS messages
- Plus: $19.99/month with 500 minutes, 10,000 SMS messages
- Pro: $39.99/month with 1,000 minutes, 20,000 SMS messages
Phone.com Pricing: Unlimited Plans
- Base: $29.99/month with 300 bonus minutes for extensions, 5,000 SMS messages
- Plus: $37.99/month with 500 bonus minutes for extensions, 10,000 SMS messages
- Pro: $59.99/month with 1,000 bonus minutes for extensions, 20,000 SMS messages
Just like with the pay per minute plan, Phone.com’s unlimited plan has unlimited users, but the unlimited minutes only apply to one user. For example, if you only have 3 employees but only 1 user who needs excessive talk time, then you can get an unlimited plan for $29.99/month and the remaining 2 employees share that "bonus pool” of minutes.
All 3 plans in their pay per minute package offer bundled monthly minutes, unlimited extensions and an allotment of SMS messages. This package also offers a local or toll free phone number (or 2 with the plus, and 3 with the premium). There are also fees in place if you were to go over your monthly allotment of minutes or texts:
- Under 5000 minutes: $0.039/minute
- 5,001 - 10,000 minutes: $0.035/minute
- 10,001 - 20,000 minutes: $0.029/minute
- Over 20,000 minutes: $0.025/minute
- Each additional text sent OR received that is over the allotment in your plan: $0.005
Other services also offer SMS messaging in their plans.
- Grasshopper: Basic plans start at $29/month
- Callfire: Pay as you go plan: $0.05/SMS message
Additional Phone.com Services
For an additional cost, you can also purchase these additional features:
- Physical Phones: $4.99/month per phone
- International phone numbers: Starting at $4.99/month
- Premium International numbers start at $12.99/month
- Additional minute bundles (see table below)
- Unlimited minutes for your extensions: $23.99/month
Compare Phone.com Pricing in Any Country
AVOXI makes it quick and easy to set up toll free number forwarding from any country. Purchase numbers online, get custom pricing, or simply speak with us directly!
Set up toll free forwarding numbers online. After your purchase, an AVOXI specialist will contact you and ensure your service is working according to your preferences.