Virtual Attendant Setup and Management
The AVOXI Online Portal lets users to setup their own Virtual Attendant. Click on the AVOXI phone line for which you wish to enable this feature, then click on the Virtual Attendant tab. If the Virtual Attendant tab is not enabled, go to the Profile tab and turn on the feature.
In the Virtual Attendant tab, you will see listed, “ROOT,” a pre-configured Virtual Attendant.
Click on the text, “ROOT,” to expand the window. This is your main Virtual Attendant for the entire account.
How to Complete Your Initial Setup and Edit
- Configure or edit the required month, date, day or hours of operation. For always active, leave all parameters blank. Click the “SAVE” button. To add additional times, click the “+Add Active Times” button, set your time, and click “SAVE.”
- Select “Menu Prompt” from the menu. This is where you upload your audio files for each virtual attendant prompt.
- Follow the directions for each prompt:
- The Intro prompt should include a welcome message with your company name to let callers know they are calling the right company. (This prompt is required.)
- The Menu prompt should include the different options your callers will hear before they press a number on their dial pad to route to the appropriate department. (e.g. “Press 1 for Sales, press 2 for support…” (This prompt is required.)
- The Timeout prompt is the option your callers hear if they take too long to press a menu option. (This prompt is NOT required.)
- The Unavailable Selection prompt is the prompt you would like your callers to hear if they press an option not available in your menu prompt. (This prompt is NOT required.)
- Click “Next” to configure the menu routing.
- Select “Routing” from the menu and click “+Add User Input.” Note: if you are trying to configure the routing for “ROOT,” all the user inputs may already be preset. Just click on the user input you want to configure and follow the instructions below.
- Click on the User Input drop-down and select the option you want to map. If your menu prompt says “Press 1 for sales” then, you are going to select User Input #1.
- The Action tells the system what to do when the caller presses 1. You can configure this option to transfer calls to direct extensions, external phone numbers, call groups, call queues and even other virtual attendants.
- If you would like to upload or record a prompt for each User Input, you may do so by checking the “Play Before Action” box and uploading or recording the prompt.
- Repeat these steps for each of your menu options. Save after each Action setup.
Note: clicking “DONE” before completing all the steps above will take you back to the main Virtual Attendant page and will NOT complete your configuration.
How to Create Virtual Attendant Sub-menus
If you want to link multiple virtual attendants and create menu sub-levels, first, go back to the Virtual Attendant main screen and click on "+Add Virtual Attendant."
To create secondary virtual attendants, follow the steps explained for the initial setup until you reach the "Routing" step (4). For routing configuration, set the action for the user’s input to the secondary virtual attendant you are trying to connect.
- Create secondary virtual attendant(s).
- Set User Input actions to the newly created sub-level virtual attendant.
- Be sure to complete and SAVE your actions. Clicking "DONE" before completing the steps will take you back to the main Virtual Attendant page and will NOT complete your configuration.
Open a Support Ticket Online
Log into the AVOXI Core Portal. Create support tickets, view open cases, and more.
Customer Support Hours
Monday - Friday:
7 AM - 12 AM UTC