Reach More People with a Toll Free 1800 Number
Your business can’t grow if your target market can’t reach you. For years, companies around the world set up 1800 numbers to encourage calls from potential customers. Today, VoIP number services make it easy to get 1800 numbers around the globe. However, many business owners do not know which features they should expect from providers or how to get the best pricing for 1800 number service.
As a leading provider of VoIP 1800 numbers, AVOXI explains how to get 1800 numbers while avoiding common mistakes. In addition, we’ll include some best practices that we recommend when searching for the right VoIP 1800 number service for your business.
Why Companies Around the World Get 1800 Numbers
1800 numbers, also known as toll free business numbers, allow customers to reach your business without incurring call charges. Callers recognize 1800 numbers as toll free and are more likely to reach out to a business that provides one. Many countries use the 1800 dial-code to identify toll free numbers, so the numbers are readily recognizable to a global audience. Regardless of which countries your target market is in, a VoIP 1800 number allows you to:
- Create a Professional Image. 1800 numbers project a professional appearance for your company.
- Encourage Customer Interactions. Callers are more likely to call your business when they know it is free for them.
- Centralize Your Business. VoIP 1800 numbers establish a single point of contact for your business, no matter how many locations or remote employees you have.
- Maintain a Consistent Business Number. You can keep your VoIP 1800 numbers when you change office locations, upgrade your phone system, or change providers.
- Never Miss a Customer Call. Custom call forwarding rules allow you to route calls to multiple devices and locations worldwide.
- Manage Your Campaigns. Dedicated 1800 numbers allow you to track the success of marketing efforts when used in the campaign elements.
- Leverage Business Phone Features. Most VoIP 1800 numbers come with business phone features like voicemail-to-email,call screening, IVR, hosted call recording, and more.
International 1800 Number Service
To get a 1800 number, first decide from which countries you want callers to reach you toll free. Almost every country maintains a toll free numbering system, and you will need a VoIP 1800 number associated with each selected country. However, the differences in toll free number systems between countries is significant. It’s important to ask potential 1800 service providers about:
- Coverage: Are there areas in the country that cannot connect to VoIP 1800 numbers?
- Accessibility: Is the 1800 number accessible from mobile devices? Are there connection fees or airtime charges for calls from mobiles?
- Restrictions: Is there a limit to how many concurrent calls can be made to the toll free number?
- Activation: How long does it take to set up toll free numbers in the target country?
- Portability: Can you port your VoIP 1800 number to a different provider if you are unhappy with your service?
- Pricing: Do VoIP 1800 number plans come in packages, or will you have to pay per-minute? Does the provider charge setup or cancellation fees?
- Features: What features does the provider include with your VoIP 1800 number? Which features have add-on fees?
In most countries, toll free numbers are distinguished by a 1800, 800, or 0800 dial-code. Other dial-codes exist but are less common. See the chart for countries that designate toll free numbers with variations of the 1800 dial-code. Click on a country in the table for more information about 1800 number service from that specific country.
What Features Should You Expect with a VoIP 1800 Number?
VoIP telephony allows you to leverage many business phone features with your 1800 numbers. Many providers offer different VoIP 1800 number plans depending on the features you need. On the other hand, some providers simply charge add-on fees for certain features and let you choose which ones to include. However, there are basic business features you should expect your provider to include with your VoIP 1800 number at all service levels, including:
- Call Forwarding
- Call Groups
- Time of Day Routing
- Call Screening / Barring
- IVR / Auto Attendant
- Custom Caller ID
- Voicemail to Email
- Fax to Email
- Access to Call Logs and Analytics
Features like remote call tracking, predictive dialing, and extended call recording often have add-on fees associated with them. However, basic, business-class features are typically included with any VoIP 1800 number plan. As an example, view the 40+ VoIP features included with 1800 numbers from AVOXI.
How Much Does a 1800 Number Cost?
1800 number pricing depends on three primary factors:
- Countries in which you wish to set up service
- How much call traffic your business receives
- Your choice in VoIP service provider
- VoIP 1800 number subscription fees and per-minute rates vary significantly by country. Many 1800 number providers offer packages that lower the average per-minute rates as call volume increases.
As a benchmark for comparisons, AVOXI provides competitive rates for toll free number packages in over 120 countries, so our Online Shopping Cart is a great yardstick to compare pricing options from any country. If you expect large amounts of call traffic, check to see if that volume makes you eligible for additional discounts and custom pricing plans.
How to Get a 1800 Number
VoIP 1800 numbers are simple to set up and affordable for any business. However, to ensure that you get the best 1800 number plan that matches your business needs, check out these recommendations:
- Write down the countries in which you want toll free service. If you are a small company growing on a limited budget, list those countries by priority level. You can always expand your service as you grow.
- Research toll free service characteristics in your target countries. Look for information about coverage, restrictions, and caller accessibility in those countries.
- Think strategically about the features you want your VoIP 1800 number service to include so that your business runs smoothly and efficiently.
- When speaking to potential 1800 number providers, ask about pricing plans, setup costs, cancellation fees, activation time, and number portability. Compare pricing plans for each country where you wish to get a 1800 number. Finally, make sure you know which features are included with your service, and which ones have add-on fees.
VoIP number service makes it easier than ever for companies to connect with local and international customers. Using the guidelines discussed in this article can help you find a VoIP 1800 number plan that fits your business needs at a great price.
For more information about international 1800 numbers or AVOXI, reach out today.
For a cost comparison overview, see our article, “How Much Does a 1800 Number Cost?”
And, if you expect a high volume of calls over your 1800 numbers, talk to one of our VoIP specialists about discounts and custom pricing plans.