At AVOXI we strive to simplify and improve our buying process and customers' journey. Part of our plan to achieve this goal is to provide more descriptive and educational content. Finding the right virtual number for your business can be time-consuming and confusing. In this article, we provide answers to the most asked virtual number sale questions.
Types of Virtual Numbers, Callers Costs, and Restrictions
Virtual phone numbers have become a popular, cost-effective option for businesses of varying size and trades around the world. The cloud-based numbers offer improved call quality at reduced call costs for both businesses and callers alike. Below we explain:
- The different types of virtual numbers
- Associated costs to your caller
- Number restrictions
International Toll Free Virtual Number (ITFS)
An International toll free number, or international 800 number, allows callers worldwide to reach your business without being charged. The general availability, competitive rates, and call forwarding flexibility make ITFS numbers a popular choice for businesses reaching out to customers internationally. Some countries have restrictions for calls from mobile devices which may include surcharges or limited accessibility.
Universal International Toll Free Number (UIFN)
A UIFN, or Universal International Freephone Number, is similar to an international toll free virtual number in that the caller isn't charged for the call. Unlike regular toll free numbers, a single UIFN number can be dialed toll free from various countries. There are over 50 countries in the UIFN number program, which is overseen by the International Telecommunication Union (ITU).
UIFNs requirements and restrictions
- UIFN must be registered in at least two of the 50 countries and typically requires a significant, one-time setup fee.
- Costs are based on each selected country, meaning the more countries accessing the number, the higher the cost.
- UIFN has a different dialing format from toll free numbers and is not as easily recognizable.
Domestic Toll Free Virtual Number (DTF)
Domestic toll free numbers work similar to an International toll free virtual number in that they are free to the caller. Being country-specific, these numbers can only be called within the originating country but are usually accessible from all in-country mobile networks.
Local Virtual Number (DID/DDI)
Local virtual numbers are available in thousands of cities around the world and help businesses establish a local presence in multiple locations without the cost of a physical office. Local callers pay a standard local calling fee, which varies based on their geographic location. Local DID/DDI virtual numbers can usually be dialed by callers around the world and provide full accessibility and availability through mobile and payphone. A caller dialing your number from abroad will, however, be charged international rates for the call.
Shared Cost Virtual Number
Shared cost numbers are country-specific phone numbers in the UK, Australia, Germany, Switzerland, France, Portugal, and the Netherlands - to name a few. Call rates are generally lower for shared cost numbers since the cost is shared between the caller and the business receiving the call. Charges to the caller are typically the amount of a local phone call with the receiver paying the usage rate. Shared cost numbers provide great coverage within the country. While some domestic toll free or international toll free numbers may not be fully accessible in certain regions within a country like China, shared cost numbers provide full accessibility and availability through mobile phones.
Vanity Virtual Number
A vanity number is a DTF or UIFN virtual number that spells out a specific brand name or service. Vanity numbers carry the same coverage and restrictions as a DTF or UIFN number. The added challenge is to identify and acquire just the right combination of numbers or words. Availability may be limited, have longer wait times and are generally more expensive.
How do I get more numbers?
You can purchase additional numbers through our online shopping cart, simply follow the below step-by-step guide. To get more information or request custom pricing, submit the short contact form available on our contact page or call us from any of our toll free business numbers!
- View our online shopping cart by clicking the following link https://orders.avoxi.com
- Select the originating country, number type and your desired new number. If you can’t find the specific number you’re looking for contact us and we will order it for you.
- Indicate your ring to a number where the inbound calls will forward.
- You can now choose your desired plan from our six virtual number package offerings.
- All virtual numbers include a call recording 30-day free trial. To opt out of this option you can simply uncheck the box. To view some of your included features, select the “more than just a virtual number” link.
- To review and place your order, accept our standard terms and conditions, then select the green “place order” button.
- After your purchase, an AVOXI specialist will contact you to ensure your service settings are working according to your preferences.
- If you require additional numbers, simply follow the same process!
How Do I Transfer an Existing Number to AVOXI?
Number porting, also known as number transfer, is a system that allows the end users to keep their existing virtual number while switching from one provider to another. Let's walk you through the process step-by-step, assuming your existing number provider releases your number.
Number Transfer Requirements
Before you start the number transfer processes, we recommend you read over your existing contract and confirm a few important items.
- Does your existing provider charge early cancellation fees? If so, how much?
- Is your account in good standing order, or do you have outstanding balances?
- What special features are active on your toll free number, and how do you go about de-activating them?
- Does your new provider offer the same features and are these automatically activated upon transfer?
Required Documentation and Information
Once you are ready to start the virtual number transfer process, the next step is to get your number “released” from your existing provider. To do this, the following documentation is required:
- A completed Letter of Authorization (LOA) form obtained from your new provider.
- Customer's main contact on the losing provider's account.
- Customer's Account Number, the Losing Provider's details (Company Name and Provisioning Contact).
- The number we are porting.
- A copy of your latest invoice.
How Long Does It Take to Transfer a Virtual Number
Number transfer timeframes vary based on country and number type, but are typically as follows:
- USA 800 Toll Free Virtual Number: 3 to 7 days
- International Toll Free Virtual Number: approximately 30 business days
- United States Local Virtual Number (DID/DDI): 1 to 3 weeks
- International Local Virtual Number (DID/DDI): 7 to 14 business days
Benefits of Transfering Your Number to AVOXI
The benefits of using AVOXI's number porting service to transfer your virtual number include:
- Port your numbers with no setup fees or minimum contracts.
- Get $25 - $1,000 in credit for porting toll free numbers or local numbers with traffic.
- Host unlimited call conference rooms with up to as many as 500 participants.
- Use 15 days of free call recording or set up an extended plan.
- Connect to 24/7 technical support (English and Spanish) anytime you need it.
- Experience superior call quality with maximum uptime.
- Customize 20+ call management features at no extra cost.
|$25 Credit||$500 Credit||$1000 Credit|
|When you get a $50+ monthly minute package||When you get a $1000+ monthly minute package||When you get $2000+ monthly minute package|
Have More Questions About Virtual Number Pricing?
If you still have any unanswered questions or require any further information about virtual phone numbers, we'd love to hear from you! AVOXI carries a large inventory of toll free numbers in 150+ countries and local numbers in over 2,500 major cities.